Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Two Days Till Performance!

There are only two days until I get to see my play performed and I am really looking forward to it! For the past couple of weeks I have been out of town, so I haven't been able to see how The Shaking Tree is being given its final shape, and in a lot of ways I think that's a good thing. I've always liked surprises!

I, as a writer, am confident that I have left my child in the right hands. Rebecca Partin, the director, has shown a level of professionalism throughout the rehearsal process that is highly admirable. She is very talented at what she does and I am sure that nothing but a fantastic performance will come from her hard work and stressful days. The cast as well are among some of the most fantastic folks I have ever met, and very talented. I can't wait to see them bring my characters off of the page and onto the stage. Everyone who has helped with this show should be commended for their hard work.

Tomorrow, I will be interviewed concerning the show (among other things - including my love of all things Batman) on Jeremiah Massengale's program on WCCR 94.5 FM, The University of the Cumberlands' campus radio station. I hope you all will listen in, and I look forward to seeing you all at the show!

Here's to Friday and the rest of the performance dates! Here's to Rebecca, the cast and the crew! And here's to you! I hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I had the opportunity to watch your play on Saturday, and it was a great production. It's nice to have something like this in our area.

    ReplyDelete